13C (left) and 23Na (right) images of the kidney. Images courtesy of Aarhus Universitet, Denmark.
Localised body coils providing targeted MR Imaging or spectroscopy in the chest and abdomen
- Dual element 20 cm diameter coils placed above and below the body, designed to give optimal B1 and signal to noise ratio for applications in the region of interest.
- Nuclei: 31P, 19F, 23Na, 13C, 3He, 7Li, 129Xe, 2H.
- Designed to contour to different body shapes to maximise sensitivity.
- Foam covering for optimal comfort.
- Coils are 1H body coil compatible for 1H imaging.
- 19F and 3He coils feature active detuning.
- Natural abundance 23Na or hyperpolarised 13C imaging of the heart or kidney.
- 129Xe or 3He for hyperpolarised studies of the lungs.
- 19F coils used to study potential of various fluorinated agents in the intestine, lungs or liver.
- Available for 3.0 T MR systems for all manufacturers:
- Philips (Achieva, Ingenia), Siemens (Trio, Verio, Skyra, Prisma, Vida) and GE (HDx, MR750, Premier).
- All of our RF coils can be provided with bespoke multinuclear phantoms. These provide:
- Tissue equivalent body loading, reference sample containers, and are designed for use in QA, coil calibration and spectral optimisation.
- Coil files are available for all the latest software releases.