This coil consists of a “jacket” design in which the two sides of the coil wrap around the chest and back. Cut outs for the arms are included to allow the coil to be placed over the lungs.
The 4 transmit-receive elements operate as a quadrature coil optimised for both the RF field coverage and the xenon signal to noise ratio. The coil is fixed within a flexible foam casing and outer cleanable fabric cover.
- Design and construction of a bespoke flexible quadrature 129Xe transceiver for adult human lung imaging at 3T.
- Constructed on flexible PCB inside a cleanable conformable covering
- Fully compatible with 1H body coil for co-registered 1H structural MRI
- Available for 3.0 T MR systems for all manufacturers:
- Philips (Achieva, Ingenia), Siemens (Trio, Verio, Skyra, Prisma, Vida) and GE (HDx, MR750, Premier).
- All of our RF coils can be provided with bespoke multinuclear phantoms. These provide:
- Tissue equivalent body loading, reference sample containers, and are designed for use in QA, coil calibration and spectral optimisation.
- Coil files are available for all the latest software releases.